TRACTOR REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
Sierra is one of only two certified in Kern County to be in the tractor Dismantler Program. If you are not aware of the program the following is a quick overview of the program.
The Agricultural Tractor Replacement Program provides incentive funds for the replacement of in-use, off-road mobile equipment that are engaged in agricultural operations as defined by the California Air Resources Board. Funds are provided on a first come, first serve basis and applicants must obtain approval and have a signed, executed contract from the SJVAPCD prior to purchase of new equipment. Any equipment purchased prior to contract execution is ineligible as this is not a rebate program.
- Eligible tractor/equipment includes but is not limited to wheel loaders, balers, combines, graders or tractors.
- Must be self-propelled.
- Must be domiciled and operated annually 75% within CA and 50% within SJVAPCD.
- Must currently be in-use and in operational condition.
- Must have a uncontrolled (Tier 0) or Tier 1 engine that has a horsepower rating of 25 or greater.
- New tractor/equipment must have current model year emissions engine (tier 3, tier 4i, or cleaner depending on hp & availability).
- New tractor / equipment must serve the same function and perform the same work equivalent as the old tractor/equipment.